A registered pharmacist in the state of New York, Ellen Scharaga resides in Melville, NY. Ellen Scharaga currently serves as an operational consultant for Alegria Specialty Pharmacy and maintains membership with the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP).
Holding membership with AMCP comes with several benefits, including the following.
1. Subscriptions to the Daily Dose and Legislative/Regulatory Update, AMCP-produced literature that shares stories and legislation impacting the pharmaceutical industry.
2. Access to the AMCP Guide to Pharmaceutical Payment Methods, which details forms of alternative payments for prescriptions and medications.
3. Invitations to join sanctioned meetings throughout the year to build networks and learn about the latest industry practices. This includes the annual meeting in the fall, which offers opportunities to earn continuing education credits.
4. Admission into the online membership directory as well as AMCP’s Online Career Center.
5. Ability to research industry trends and statistical resources through the organization’s online portal. For ease, the portal allows members to search for keywords, expediting the process of learning.